England | Scotland | Wales | Northern Ireland | Ireland
Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), a new illness that affects your lungs and airways.
Check if you have coronavirus symptoms
Find out about the main symptoms of coronavirus and where to get medical advice if you think you have them.
What to do if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
Advice about not leaving your home (self-isolation) and looking after yourself if you or someone you live with has symptoms.
Testing for coronavirus
Information about testing to check if you have coronavirus.
People at higher risk from coronavirus
Advice for people at higher risk from coronavirus, including older people, people with health conditions and pregnant women.
Coronavirus in children
Advice about symptoms of coronavirus in children, including when to get medical help if your child seems unwell.
Social distancing advice and changes to everyday life because of coronavirus
Advice about avoiding close contact with other people (social distancing), looking after your wellbeing and using the NHS and other services.
Links to more information about coronavirus
Links to government advice, information for health professionals and advice for other parts of the UK.
Mytton Oak Surgery, Racecourse Lane, Shrewsbury, SY3 5LZTel: 01743 362223
A newly introduced service is E Consult if you want advice from your doctor, self-help information, or have an administrative request (such as a sick note or test request). We aim to give a response by the end of the next working day or sooner. Please note that this is not to be used in emergency. Click on the blue box to the right of this.
Healthwatch Shropshire have put together a webpage which gives information about the outbreak, and where you can access help, including from the local council and other local organisations. Click here to access it.
It is possible for Patients to book, amend and cancel appointments (currently suspended due to a different way of working during the Coronavirus pandemic) and to order repeat prescriptions online. It is also possible for patients to view their medical records, including test results online. Please contact the surgery for details.
All patients are automatically registered with Mytton Oak Medical Practice. Patients also have a named accountable GP. It is important to note that patients are still free to see whichever GP they choose, however any incoming post or results will normally be reviewed by your named GP who will have overall responsibility for your care. If you would like to know who your allocated named GP is then please speak to any member of staff when you next attend the practice or alternatively ask at reception.
Here at Mytton Oak we are proud to have a patient reference group who provide us with an insight to the views, thoughts and ideas of our patients.
The group has been established for over a year and has already been very supportive by helping us to produce a patient survey.
The Mytton Oak Patient Reference Group is currently a virtual group but there are plans to hold a Patient group meeting in the coming months.. It currently has more than 50 members. The Group is a mix of men and women ranging in age from 40 to . 76, although the results of our most recent survey indicate that responses were received from an even wider age range
To try and obtain wider views of our Patients we currently invite comment, contact and suggestions both directly through our Reception staff and via our website. The group would like to hear more from young patients and families. If you would like to be more involved please contact Adrian Kirsop on 01743 362223 and we will discuss how your views can be represented regularly in a way that is convenient to you.
Members of the patients’ group have experience of a range of medical conditions and situations and this knowledge is very valuable in helping us support specific needs; however they are also very proud of their role in bringing forward the views of all members of the community and support every patient to have their concerns and comments heard if they are asked to do so.
Annex C PPG Template complete.docx
The results of this year's survey can be found by following this link:
Following our 2013 survey the areas agreed with our Patient Reference Group for attention were :
1. Undertake ongoing customer services training with Reception Staff
2. Agree improved times for answering telephone calls
3. Monitor improvements and maintain dialogue with the Patient Group .
As a result:
· Ongoing customer services training is now a regular part of training for our Reception staff and customer services experience is something we look for when recruiting new staff.
· We have worked very hard to improve our telephone answering times. Unfortunately we have been beset with a variety of intermittent technical problems with the system that have proved difficult to diagnose and cure. We believe that a software upgrade on 29th March 2014 will resolve the last of these issues.
· We have engaged in individual correspondence with some Patient Reference Group members over various issues and we are making greater use of the website to make announcements and give updates.
The results of the 2014 Patient Survey are shown below. This survey was sent out to over 120 Patients who have registered their email addresses on this website. It was also available for completion on the website and as a paper form in the Surgery for more than a month. 45 people responded. The main issues identified were:
1. The telephone remains a major issue. On Saturday 29th march 2014 the telephone system software will be upgraded. We believe that this will eliminate the technical problems. We are also employing more Reception staff and changing rotas to ensure that more staff are available to answer phones at busy times.
2. We were disappointed that the perception of how easy it is to speak to a Doctor or a Nurse on the telephone has not improved. All of our Doctors are now providing more telephone consultations that last year and we have very recently increased the size of our Nursing Team. We hope that this will go some way towards addressing this issue.
3. The Practice is beginning an exercise to change the way in which we deal with same day appointments. We understand that any new system will need to recognise that most Patients believe that the ability to book appointments in advance is very important. We will undertake a consultation process with our Patient Reference Group when we have firmer proposals
4. We still seem to be not very good at communicating news of some of the services which are available. On Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays every week we have bookable appointments available from 7.30. Once a month we offer a surgery on a Saturday morning and lastly it is possible to make appointments online. If you wish to use this facility please contact the Surgery for a PIN number.
If you would like to receive email copies of surveys and newsletters please add your details to the contacts on this site. If you are interested in joining our Patient Participation Group, please ask at reception for a leaflet, or download one here: htthttp://www.myttonoakmedpractice.co.uk/website/M82002/files/Draft_leaflet.pdfhttp://www.myttonoakmedpractice.co.uk/website/M82002/files/Draft_leaflet.pdf
I have had email conversations with a number of Patients concerning our Survey results, but we are always very keen to hear any views. Please feel free to use the 'contact us' option to send me an email
Adrian Kirsop Practice Manager 17th March 2014
This is a reminder for next week’s meeting Wednesday 26th , 2.30 pm at Severn Fields, top floor. As always there is a lot of work for patients to do and an ever decreasing pool of helpers so please encourage patients to come along and help to shape our NHS
I will have an update to give on the training of Care navigators and we can discuss the role we as patients may like to play in their development.
Please let me know if there is anything you would like discussed.
Chair Belvidere Patient Participation Group
Chair Shrewsbury & Atcham Patient Participation Group
Home 01743 358 421
Mobile 07973 512815
Contact the Patient Group with your feedback, suggestion, comment or question. Please do not use
this form for complaints - these should always be directed to the Practice Manager
Note that by using this form, you will be sending information about yourself across
the Internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should
be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter
concerns you then you should use another method to notify us of your comment.
Your IP address (126.96.36.199) will be sent
with your communication. In rare cases where abuse or criminal activity can be shown
to have taken place this may be used by the authorities to trace you.
Copyright 2006 - 2020 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's